The entries for the said Residency are open.
The Fees Includes, residency fees, work space, gallery for exhibition, shared accommodation with fully functional kitchen for 14 nights.
Please note that each shared accommodation will have functional kitchen where the participants can prepare their meals. However the provisions and groceries will need to be bought individually. Guidance will be provided for nearby supermarkets, shops etc.
All accommodations are on twin sharing basis. Each unit will be shared by two artists. It will have two separate beds.
Please note that individual rooms (non sharing) can be provided upon request at a higher cost. Artists who want individual room can make a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. However this will be subject to the discretion of the Curators and availability of the units.
Artists will be provided with a work space, but not the art materials.
Transport Pickup is free from Rajiv Gandhi International Airport as you arrive.
The Fees Does Not Include, personal Laundry, any food or grocery items purchased, personal purchases during the period of residency, material or equipment required by individual artists and any travel other than pickup from the RGI Airport.
- The Artists need to stay within the Residency premises for the said 14 days and if any Artist wishes to stay out or travel anywhere during the said period, prior permission needs to be taken from the Program Curators.
- Any costs for such travel or accommodation needs to be completely borne by the Artist.
- Any costs incurred by the Artist for the stay outside the premises will not be adjusted against the Residency Fees.
Refund Policy – Please note that once the participation is confirmed and fees is received by Carpediem Residency, there will be NO REFUND under any circumstances unless the said Residency is cancelled or terminated due to some unavoidable circumstances.
The participants will have to bear all the applicable costs. Any travel guidance can be provided to the final selected artists over emails.
- The applicant must be over 21 years of age.
- The applicant must be in attendance for the entire program of 14 days.
- Artists’ from all disciplines – visual arts, fine arts, art education, creative writing, theatre, sculpting and modelling, media arts, performing arts, design, music, photography etc. can participate.
- The application is in two parts:
- The online application form has to be complete in all respect.
- The documents to be emailed separately are:
- Resume of the applicant with Personal details
- Writing samples for writers – a short story/ article or maximum 5 pages of novel or screenplay. All writing samples submitted must be in English.
- A Short film or a 10 minute excerpt of feature film for filmmakers (Online downloadable Youtube or Vimeo link only. If its a private video kindly provide the password). The films must have English subtitles.
- PDF or Jpeg files of artwork for other visual artists and photographers.
- A photograph of the applicant in Jpeg. (Clean headshot in colour and 300 dpi, Passport size B&W photos will not be accepted.)
- A declaration signed by the applicant saying:
-that s/he is willingly participating in the residency program,
-that s/he has gone through the guidelines/FAQs carefully and has understood them,
-that s/he is the rights holder of all the work sample submitted and,
-is ready to pay the fees and bear any other necessary cost.
- Copy of Passport for Foreign Nationals and
- Copy of PAN card/ Adhaar card/ Voter ID card or Driving License for Indian Nationals. (Jpeg or PDF. File size not to exceed 1 MB.)
- Applicants will be notified about selection within 15 days of the deadline. The selected applicants will have to pay the Program Fees within 15 days of notification by Bank Transfer (details will be provided to selected participants.)
- All shortlisted artists will have to be available for a Skype interaction with the curator/s. Final selection will be made after that. It will be more of a casual interaction rather than a formal interview.
The necessary visa procedures required to visit India will have to be undertaken by the selected participants on their own. However Carpe diem Residency will provide a letter of confirmed participation on request (subject to payment of fees).
All foreign nationals need a visa to visit India. Please allow sufficient time to organize this from your home country or country of residence before you leave. Length of visa issued depends upon your nationality, but most are of 3 or 6 months validity (from issue date, not arrival date!). Find more info about this on your local Indian Embassy’s website in Visa section. General info http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE 6 MONTHS VALIDITY REMAINING ON YOUR PASSPORT.
Carpe diem Residency requests that all visitors purchase travel and medical insurance for the period of their stay in India. This should be reasonably inexpensive and can be purchased online.