The minimum duration for the residency is 15 days, however if anyone wishes to stay longer they can opt for 21 days too.
The dates for the Hyderabad Artist Residency:
1) 14 Days – 29th October 2018 to 11th November 2018
2) 21 Days – 29th October 2018 to 18th November 2018
The entries for the said Residency are open.
Application deadline is 15th August, 2018.
The Fee Structure –
1) For 14 Days – Twin Sharing – Rs. 28,000/- INR
For 14 Days – Single Occupancy – Rs. 44,000/- INR
2) For 21 Days – Twin Sharing – Rs. 35,000/- INR
For 21 Days – Single Occupancy – Rs. 56,000/- INR
The Fees Includes:
Residency fees, work space, gallery for exhibition, shared or single accommodation (as per choice of the resident) in a studio apartment, free buffet breakfast, with fully functional kitchen, gym, billiards and table tennis facilities and wi-fi .
Meals: Please note that breakfast will be provided at the accommodation unit. For other meals one can either cook or order food/ eat out. Each shared accommodation will have functional kitchen where the participants can prepare their meals. However the provisions and groceries will need to be bought individually. Guidance will be provided for nearby supermarkets, shops, restaurants etc.
Accommodation: All accommodations are in spacious studio apartments. The apartments have 3 bedrooms with attached bathrooms, common kitchen, living room and dining hall. A twin sharing room will be shared by two artists. It will have two separate beds.
Or an artist can opt to a single occupancy in a single room in the studio apartment.
While applying kindly mention in your email very clearly, if you are attending for 14 days or 21 days and opting for twin sharing or single occupancy accommodation. You can make a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work space & gallery: The workspace and gallery will be at Phoenix Arena. It is a cultural space with gallery, studio, library, amphitheater and lawns. It is around 2.5 kms from the accommodation unit.
Artists will need to carry their own art supplies or materials required. The exhibition at the end of the residency will be held at the same venue. The participation in this exhibition is not compulsory for all participating artists but we will encourage one to do so. Phoenix Arena has regular cultural activities going on during the weekends and evenings and our resident artists can join in any of those. One can collaborate with local artists and participate in events, workshops or performances at Phoenix Arena and other cultural spaces/ galleries in the city.
Transport Pickup will be provided from Rajiv Gandhi International Airport as you arrive.
The Fees Does Not Include, personal Laundry, any food or grocery items purchased, personal purchases during the period of residency, material or equipment required by individual artists and any travel other than pickup from the RGI Airport.
- The Artists need to stay within the Residency premises for the said 14 days or 21 days as opted for, and if any Artist wishes to stay out or travel anywhere during the said period, prior permission needs to be taken from the Program Curators.
- Any costs for such travel or accommodation needs to be completely borne by the Artist.
- Any costs incurred by the Artist for the stay outside the premises will not be adjusted against the Residency Fees.
Refund Policy – Please note that once the participation is confirmed and fees is received by Carpediem Residency, there will be NO REFUND under any circumstances unless the said Residency is cancelled or terminated due to some unavoidable circumstances.
The participants will have to bear all the applicable costs. Any travel guidance can be provided to the final selected artists over emails.
- The applicant must be over 21 years of age.
- The applicant must be in attendance for the entire program of 14 days.
- Artists’ from all disciplines – visual arts, fine arts, art education, creative writing, theatre, sculpting and modelling, media arts, performing arts, design, music, photography etc. can participate.
- The application is in two parts:
- The online application form has to be complete in all respect.
- The documents to be emailed separately are:
- Resume of the applicant with Personal details and work samples.
- PDF or Jpeg files of artwork for visual artists and photographers.
- Writing samples for writers – a short story/ article or maximum 5 pages of novel or screenplay. All writing samples submitted must be in English.
- A Short film or a 10 minute excerpt of feature film for filmmakers (Online downloadable Youtube or Vimeo link only. If its a private video kindly provide the password). The films must have English subtitles
- Video links for performing artists, or interdisciplinary artists showing their work
- A photograph of the applicant in Jpeg. (Clean headshot in colour and 300 dpi, Passport size B&W photos will not be accepted.)
- A declaration signed by the applicant saying:
-that s/he is willingly participating in the residency program,
-that s/he has gone through the guidelines/FAQs carefully and has understood them,
-that s/he is the rights holder of all the work sample submitted and,
-is ready to pay the fees and bear any other necessary cost.
- Copy of Passport for Foreign Nationals and
- Copy of PAN card/ Adhaar card/ Voter ID card or Driving License for Indian Nationals. (Jpeg or PDF. File size not to exceed 1 MB.)
- Applicants will be notified about selection within 15 days of the deadline. The selected applicants will have to pay the Program Fees within 15 days of notification by Bank Transfer (details will be provided to selected participants.)
- All shortlisted artists will have to be available for a Skype interaction with the curator/s. Final selection will be made after that. It will be more of a casual interaction rather than a formal interview.
The necessary visa procedures required to visit India will have to be undertaken by the selected participants on their own. However Carpe diem Residency will provide a letter of confirmed participation on request (subject to payment of fees).
All foreign nationals need a visa to visit India. Please allow sufficient time to organize this from your home country or country of residence before you leave. Length of visa issued depends upon your nationality, but most are of 3 or 6 months validity (from issue date, not arrival date!). Find more info about this on your local Indian Embassy’s website in Visa section. General info http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE 6 MONTHS VALIDITY REMAINING ON YOUR PASSPORT.
Carpe diem Residency requests that all visitors purchase travel and medical insurance for the period of their stay in India. This should be reasonably inexpensive and can be purchased online.